Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pawalla Box

So there is this new world of subscription boxes (I know I may be late coming to realize this). They have box subscriptions for EVERYTHING! I have subscribed to a few of the beauty ones for myself, so figured to try one for Whiskey. Might as well indulge her too, she is part of the family.
For the best possible full list visit Rambling of a Suburban Mom. This is her list of all the pet boxes.

I read her reviews and looked into all the different ones on their perspective sites. I decided to give Pawalla a try. I LOVED 1 of the toys she had gotten in a past box and it looked like really good stuff overall. The box comes in a "deluxe" size for $30 a month or "mini" for $20. I opted for the mini box, when you are new and first log onto the site you get a prompt to enter you email to save $5. So this first box was $15 shipping included.

This is what the mini box boast on its site:
4-5 premium full-size products
  • Treats, a toy and surprise item(s), no wet food
  • All natural or organic
  • Hand-selected and reviewed by our Pet Nutritionist
  • Free shipping

  •  
    The great thing about this box to, is it comes in either cat or dog variety, and when you sign up you can add a box per a pet family member. (Which adds up), but I like that option.
     
    So lets get to what's in the box:
    This is what the box was delivered like. I like how I know exactly who its from.
     
    First look at the inside contents. I would have been slightly more impressed if there was a little bit more "packing" material, but my guess is that try to be a "greener" company
     
    List of items
     
    This is a 7inch duck chew, Whiskey already had half of it and it actually slowed her down in devouring it, she had to take her time, break a  piece off and chew before moving on. I liked that
    They promote teeth cleaning and healthy gums. I can't find the 7 inch chew online, but a 4.5oz bag was $8.99
     
    Looks like you can get these all over, from amazon to dog sites.
    These are going to be perfect for her agili-herding treats.
    A bag ranged from about $6.29-$6.99
     
    I am most excited for this! I made Whiskey homemade "frosty paws" not too long ago and we just finished them up. And with almost 100 degree weather this will be great!
    There was also a Honest Kitchen mini booklet in the box, telling me about the company, and I seriously want to work with them. Most of the employees bring their pets to work, and not all are dogs, they have a few cats, fish, hamster, and bearded dragon. The ride bikes to make errands or to go to lunch. You can get a 0.5oz pack for $0.99 or a box of 16 for $13.99
     
    Whiskey wouldn't let me try this on her (yet) and believe me she needs it. My hunny smelled it and says its very minty!
    Cost is $9.95
     
    I've seen these or a variety of these at the pet store. It came with a little post card. Made in the USA. Its a pocket bone, with treat pocket, so we can load those up and let her have a field day and keep busy. She got a medium size which cost $9.99
     
     
    The total of the boxes content estimate is $36.91. So for the $15 I paid I think we got a good deal. I really like a bunch of  them items and will probably visit their stores/other products in the future. 
     
    I may stick out the $20 for another one for next month. But I am anxious to try PawBox. It is a $10 subscription and they offer for cats and dogs also. The cat box it not up yet, so you can get on the mailing VIP list to be informed when its available. I kind of want to try the cat box from them first.


    1 comment: