Thursday, October 20, 2011

Post full of updates

So it seems a lot of us bloggers have taken an unplanned mini blog hiatus. Real life gets in the ways sometime.
So this post is a lot of updates and ramblings and some thought I'd love to get input on.
First off: my boyfriend and I found am apartment and the past 2 weeks we have been moving things in and trying to settle. This is will the first time in 4 years we are living together so heres hoping all goes well-it seems to be good so far. We have his 3 kitties and whiskey coming with us. The cats are already at the apartment. With whiskey we are waiting a little while to get more settled before bring her over. We are renting a condo from the owner and the association has a weight limit on dogs. 25 pounds- whiskey is a tad bit more. However it makes me feel a little better that there are other corgis living in other building cause at least they know the breed a little. Another thing I am worried about it she barks. At everything. A leaf scraps the sidewalk 2 blocks way and she can hear it and will bark her little head off. Does any one have a solution to the obsessive barking? We've tried ignoring it we tried saying quite and treat. And nothing seems to stick. At some times I have to hold her mouth closed. Treats obviously work the best but when you give it to her she's quiet for a few seconds then starts up again. She does this when we home obviously but what about when are not. Is she just going to bark all day long? I have to stay at my parents hose for a few days to watch my mom's cats and my dog while she is visiting her sister. My boyfriend and I have decided that when mom gets back that's when we'll take whiskey to the apartment and get her groomed down a little- grooming her looks like she loses 10 pounds. I have already had a few melt downs about leaving her at my parents and going to our new home without her the past few weeks. I miss my stinker.
In other news: it's that time of year again for thinking of holiday pictures. I have the idea of what I want Josh and I to do-now just to execute. This year is going to have to be a little different however because whiskey will not/cannot be in the picture with us because of the location. I don't want to give too much away so you'll just have to wait for the uploads. Our critters will be on the cards though don't worry. Now here comes a question: I really enjoyed doing a card swap with many of you and I would love to participate again this year. Let me know if you are interested as well.
Also I am already making my Christmas list for my mom and everything blog/corgi related is on that list!! :-) I am so excited to get the calendars (that my little stinker is in all 3). And Paige I am in love with your corgi hats! Way to go being creative. I think that is all my updates/ramblings for the day. Please comments below about the barking and Xmas card exchange love to hear from your guys.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, lots of updates, for sure :) How exciting that you are moving in w/your boyfriend! It takes some adjustment for sure, but I'm sure you guys will do great. Gibson is an obsessive barker too, and we have no clue how to stop him. I'd love to hear from a corgi owner who's corgi doesn't bark that much! Christmas cards already? haha ;) I still haven't decided if I'm going to do the secret santa again this year or not..

    ReplyDelete