Sunday, March 28, 2010

A nice customer

As seem in previous blogs I deal with a lot of difficult and annoying people. Today I had the complete opposite. She was the last guest of the night. Her daughter was in one of the fitting rooms trying on clothes. She was putting a dress back on the rack with an armful of clothes. I asked if I could help her, she said no she was heading to the register. She was also waiting for her daughter to come out of the fitting room. I said I heard soon hangers clanking together and that's when this mom told me that there were clothes in there before her daughter got in and that is what she was putting back. The daughter- all the hanger clanking, she was gathering them for me. I was shocked, awe struck, my jaw hit the floor. I didn't know what to say but "thank you" a million times. It was a greaf feeling to have someone do something so little. Thank you to that very nice customer. And for everyone that reads this: just do something nice for someone in retail, or food. They will not expect it and they will be the happiest person alive. I closed and drove home the rest of the night with a smile on my face.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay. I love when you have that miraculous one fabulous customer. They're almost like a myth, but sometimes they just... appear. I would've hugged her.

    ReplyDelete