Monday, March 22, 2010

World of retail

So for those of you who know, I work in childrens retail at a very busy tourist mall.
Here are just a few things I have to put up with, I mean encounted:

The other day I have a lady for Cananda, she wanted a particular shirt that was 30% off the tickey price ($28.00- it comes to $19.20). Apparently she didnt like this amount and proceeded to ask me "Is this the best deal you can do on it?"
Me: (I'm not feeling well, been fighting a cold for a week now): "Sorry ma'am no, we're not a flea market"
Needless to say...she didn't get the sarcasm.

Yesterday I have a mom and 2 kids, a boy and girl. Girl is sitting very nicely in the stroller...Brother on the other hand, not so nice. He had gathered up an armful of clothes and proceeded to shove them under one of our "furniture boxes" to "hide" what he had down, well I saw this. I marched over "Ahem! Is this stuff yours?"
Mom: "Oh no, ::insert kids name:: did you do this? I'm so sorry."
Me: "Yea ok"
Mom: "Put them back ::kids name::
Me: "No that's ok, I'd rather do it right the first time, and lets hope they aren't dirty."

Again...didn't get the sarcasm.
Not to be a bitch, but you can only put up with so much.
Like my friend stated it best: "It a whole bunch of bullshit, for very little money."


No comments:

Post a Comment